Providing a Path to Prevent Falls
Congratulations! You have taken the first step to reduce the risk of serious injury from a fall! By providing education and physical activities, The Center can help you lead a more productive and independent way of life by raising awareness and helping decrease the risk factors associated with falls and fall-related injuries.
Tips on Better Balance
Building a Better Balance Program
Resistance Training & Range of Motion exercises significantly improve balance & mobility!
- Weights (free weights and machines)
- Isometric exercises
- Therapy bands
- Focused classes
Range of Motion
- Extending muscles, tendons, and joints through all planes (up, out, down, angles) helps maintain or increase flexibility
- Includes stretching before and after exercise
- Start with largest muscle groups (glutes, hamstrings, quads, back, chest) and work your way to smallest (fingers, toes, neck)
- Never stretch to the point of pain
- Hold stretches at least 10 seconds
- Yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi, Osteoball, Better Balannce
- All of these classes combine Resistance Training and Range of Motion
- The Center offers a free NeuroCom Balance Assessment to all members. This measurement shows each individual areas where they are strong and areas where they can improve. Schedule with the Fitness Center today!